Klang is always searching for interesting people to join the Klang Gang here in Berlin!
Are you passionate about games? Want to work on fun, ambitious, and amazing projects?
“Possibly the best workplace in the world.”
— Some Klang employee, 2015
Office Manager (m/w) - Full-Time
Are you a whiz at owning day-to-day office tasks? Are you into video games (or at least don't mind them)?
Klang is looking for a highly motivated Office Manager who can take care of a variety of admin tasks across a range of departments, as well as bring their charisma to the team.
YOUR ROLES INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Assisting Klang's CEO with everyday organization and administration
- Taking care of general office management activities, e.g. mail and delivery organisation, sending emails, etc.
- Preparing monthly bookkeeping documents for our tax advisor
- Corresponding with tax advisor, tax office, post office, banks, krankenkasse, all that good stuff
- Paying salaries and incoming bills
- Budgeting, controlling, and financial planning
- Taking care of all aspects of office management and procurement, for example:
- Managing cleaning staff
- Ordering drinks, fruit, and coffee
- Corresponding with office Hausmeister
- Providing office materials and cleaning supplies
- Preparing working agreements for new employees, and managing office sublease agreements
- Occasionally helping out employees with personal matters regarding German bureaucracy
- Acting as receptionist for the whole office, welcoming people, and receiving packages
- Organizing fun-days for the staff, and setting up networking events and cool parties!
It's good to note that we share our office with another company (don't worry, they're nice). They have their own part-time Office Manager, so you'll be collaborating from time-to-time.
- Independent and able to manage your own tasks
- A creative thinker
- Friendly, yet confident
- Proficient in English and German
- Enthusiastic to be part of the team
- Experienced in an office environment
If you're interested in applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Covering Letter. If you have any questions, drop us an email! Training will be starting in July.
Head of Studio
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As Klang starts gearing up for our coming large project, we need to expand our senior team’s capacity and capabilities in planning, HR, contracting, legal and finance. We need a member who can focus on the resource side of developing games, and help us make the best possible game for the resources and time available. Once the organization warrants it, we plan to split out some or all the finance and legal tasks to a CFO, but for now, we need to stay mean and lean and need someone whom can cover both.
REPORTING LINE AND TEAM
- Reports to CEO
- Manages Office Manager
- Will manage more hires as team grows
- Own project milestone plan, resource plan, and dev budget. Work with Producer and production team to help clarify cost and time impact and trade-offs on design decisions, to help make sure a game gets delivered given constraints as they turn out and are agreed
- Assist in determining and bring up risks as early as possible, and facilitate mitigation planning in the team
- Own HR plan, hiring and onboarding process, including relationship to recruiters, testing & interview process, purchasing & setup of equipment for new hires, etc., to minimize the time spent on this by the core production team
- Identify, contract with and organize subcontractors for QA and other services as needed
FINANCE & LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own all accounting, internal and external budgeting and reporting, in cooperation with our external accountants and payroll provider, and with support from office manager
- Own cash flow management and handle subleases, with support from office manager
- Own legal compliance, with support from our external legal advisors and board
- Own contract drafting as needed, with support from our external counsel as required
- Own regular and ad-hoc reporting to investors on financial matters, project and company status
- Manage office manager, to ensure an efficient and productive working environment
- Work with external legal team to put in place employee incentive programs, like ESOP
- Support CEO on fundraising and handle ongoing communication and follow-up to minimize time spent by the core production team. Pitching still lead by CEO
- Support CEO in commercial negotiations with platforms and publishing partners
- Support Producer/CEO on revenue forecasting models and work, benchmark data, etc. as required
- Minimum Bachelor in a relevant education, f.ex. Finance, Accounting, Project Management or Business Development
- More than four years in the project management connected roles in software or gaming, and of this, minimum two years in gaming
- Experience in leadership roles at team level
- Previous exposure to financial and budget work minimum at game/project or team level
- Proven, solid project management skills
- Lifelong love of games
- Strong desire to help build a great company
- Ability to interface with and challenge all stakeholders, and stand your ground when needed
- Comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities, stay on course and execute on commitments
- Flexible and agile: ability to adapt quickly and efficiently to new situations and a highly dynamic environment
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- High work capacity, extremely organized, detailed focused and still able to be effective and efficient
- Positive problem solver
- Outspoken and willing to offer direct and constructive, candid feedback at all time
- Fluent in English and German
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to join a small team and help it grow to an acclaimed developer of games you can feel proud to have worked on
- Chance to help shape the organization and culture as a part of our senior team
- Stock option stake
- Competitive salary
If you're interested in applying, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and Covering Letter. If you have any questions, drop us an email!